Sunday, March 12, 2017

Modern Quilts

MODERN QUILTS: I have not posted in quite a while. Right now my lovely home in Loveland, CO is on the market! After about 18 years it is time for a change. Selling ones home is not fun, in fact trying to keep it clean and pristine, just cuts into your creative time.  But since I am trying to pack up my studio somewhat by packing the things I I may not immediately need, I found a real bonus. Sometime ago after receiving a wonderful jelly roll, I had cut the 2 1/2" strips into 1 1/2" and 1" strips and proceeded to make two small strata one with the 1 1/2" strips and one with the 1" strips. Ready made strata what a find, I could actually "play" without making too much of a mess in the studio. But let's back up a while.  During the writing my book Double Vision I had created two Modern Quilts and I have really enjoyed that procedure even more than I thought I would. The modern quilts to me are all about color, a lot of negative space (too quilt appropriatly!) and simplicity. So here are the two quilts from that publication:

I had so much fun, that when my grandson went to college I decided to give him a Modern Quilt for his room: 

And here is the quilt I have created from the Jelly roll strata it is not completed but here are pictures of the quilt top.  





No comments: